“My goal is to craft images that are strong and distinguished telling your unique story, telling your thousand words. I wish to inspire people with timeless images that have enduring qualities, to be creative, artistic and to evoke emotions.”
Since a young age I have been captivated by people and expressing my creativity though art and camera imagery.
I am a creative portrait photographer based in Auckland, specializing in people photography both for business, families and individuals. I qualified at an young age studing at Elam Art School gaining a bachelor of Fine Art and Master of Photography and I now have over 30 years of experience as a professional Photographer becoming multi-skilled and award-winning photographer.
- Master of Photography from the New Zealand Institute of Professional Photography
- Bachelor of Fine Arts from Elam School, Auckland University.
- Over 25 years of experience as a professional wedding and portrait photographer, she has an in-depth photographic knowledge.
- Luci was awarded the James White Scholarship where she travelled to New York to study the latest printing techniques allowing her to combine her talent in fine art and photography.
- Gold and Silver awards in the NZIPP National Print Judging and the Kodak Gold awards testify to her talent and professionalism.
- Luci photographed published books such as “Like an Apple a Day” and “Like Chocolate for Women”.
- Fascinated by people and the way they relate to each other, Luci travelled with her camera all over the globe to remote countries studying and capturing different cultures. She has photographed weddings and portraits’ in Fiji, Bali, LA, New York, Queenstown, Auckland, Wellington, Bay of Islands and proud to have images hang in homes all over the world. Luci just loves to travel.
- Official Auckland Photographer for Government Visits of Prime Ministers and Dignitary’s.
"I am passionate about constantly refining and improving my skills while integrating the latest technics both professionally as an artist, photographer and personally in self-development"
I LOVE WHAT I DO
It’s amazing that even after all the time I have spent in the industry I still love what I do and get excited by photography and art. I love what I do, as I believe that preserving memories is the most important job in the world.
For me it’s a real pleasure to work as a professional photographer. I feel lucky that it has been such a huge part of my life and I can't wait for the next shoot to see what images I can create.
I love the outdoors and anything to do with animals. I love fresh air, travel, animals, creative thinking and my business.
I would start a perfect day by taking long walk with my two fur babies, Stan my faithful old Labrador and Baxter my full of life Aussie Terrier, long lunch with good friends, great wine and food and finish the day with a romantic dinner with the one you love watching the sun go down.
I’m passionate about living a balanced life and keeping fit and healthy. I am also a qualified Pilates instructor, Personal trainer and holistic lifestyle coach with a Pilates business that runs alongside my photography life.
The Studio is based in the heart of the city on Brighton Road, Auckland overlooking Ayr Street Bush reserve, surrounded by beautiful natural bush backdrops for outdoor photography with nearby parks such as the Domain & Rose Gardens and local beaches only few minutes away.
Fully equipped with both flash and continuous lighting kits Luci’s Studio covers a range of portrait styles. The studio is based in an older heritage Cottage, which is decorated in a farmhouse style, but the studio offers different backdrops to help create a fresh and modern appeal.
The Studio is located in a house down the end of a small lane.. It is recommend that you park at the Brighton Road and walk down. It offers free parking for up to 2 hours.
If you are coming to visit, please call ahead to make sure we are in, or that we are not busy with a shoot.